God did not say….
- It’s up to you to figure it out on your own
- If you are the best you can be you will find me
- When you fix yourself up, then we can talk
- I have no idea what I’m doing
- I don’t care about you
- We’re pretty cozy up here in heaven
- You are not worth the trouble
What God did say…
- No matter how lost you are, I will save you (Luke 19:10)
- I will give you an abundant life that will never end (John 10:10)
- Even though you didn’t love me first, I love you (1 John 4:10)
- This was part of my plan all along (Isaiah 9:6-7)
- I will become like you in order to make you like me (Philippians 2:8)
- There is no other way accept belief in my Son (John 3:16)
God sent His ONE AND ONLY Son into our mess and brokenness. Jesus Christ humbled himself and put on flesh and dwelt among us. There is no other God like our God. He came to be with us. He didn’t leave us hanging. He didn’t make us earn it. He didn’t put himself first. He didn’t say we were too much work or too costly. He displayed His love for us by coming to give everything He had.
This is Christmas. Let’s remember the GREAT news we celebrate. Christ with us.
- What are you celebrating this Christmas?
- Are you looking for life in the wrong places?